Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter - Zalig Pasen everyone! We're spending the long weekend catching up with family & friends up in New Plymouth, mostly gushing over how much Vaughan's niece has changed since we last saw her in January! Amidst all the socialising I'm trying to find some time to recover from a hectic fortnight in Wellington, and am gearing myself up for a very busy next couple of months. I recently got accepted into a training course to help integrate newly arrived refugee families to New Zealand, and I'm also getting involved in a few local development groups. Last Thursday Vaughan & I also joined the Wellington branch of the JET Alumni Association, which will hopefully lead to many Japan-related activities (onsen, lots of oishii treats, possibly even the occasional night of karaoke...). And to top it all off we've managed to meet some fascinating people in the past month, so life here is looking very promising :-). Enjoy the weekend and don't overdose on those sickly sweet Cadbury cream eggs!

1 comment:

Di Mackey said...

Zalig Pasen to you too, from snowy cold old Belgium ... the country I'm slowly beginning to love :)

Have a lovely break with family.