My stay in Japan has whizzed by in a blur of old friends, favorite Fukuoka haunts, sakura trees, dinner gatherings, steaming bowls of ramen, geisha hunting, supersleek shinkansen journeys and overcrowded Tokyo subway stations. If the rest of my trip goes by this fast I'll be back in Wellington before I realised I ever left! When I initially arranged my flight itinerary, these six days in Japan were considered a stop over on route to Belgium. But this week has turned out to be an amazing travel experience in itself, and I'm so glad I decided to take the time to stay with my friend Liesbeth in Yokohama and to pop over to Fukuoka & Kyoto. It has certainly lit an old spark of Japan-love, to the extent that I now want to add "Living in Kyoto for 6 months" to my List of Things to Do before I Die :-). Despite this fascination with traditional Japanese culture I have realised that we made the right choice in leaving Japan in 2007. Our life in Wellington is way less complicated and much more easy-going, so I'm good for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment