Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Smiles

Here are a few moments that have put a huge smile on my face during this insanely busy week(end):

Wandering around the Wellington Harbourside Market this weekend with V. and feasting on the treats sold by the many foodstalls, while listening to fantastic acoustic flamenco tunes. Sunday morning bliss...

Spending a lovely Sunday afternoon in Island Bay visiting friends who are renovating their house and catching up with my Refugee Services team for a long-awaited reuinion (with the added bonus of this jaw-dropping view from Kathi's living room!)
Relaxing on the beach and the nearby playground with the Iraqi family and seeing how well they're doing after two years in New Zealand :-).
Hosting a Winter Warmers Workshop for some of our new NZAID students last night and getting the chance to chat to all of them afterwards . Now that I have only three days left at work I'm really valuing the time I can spend with all these amazing people!

No comments: