Thursday, December 15, 2005

Seoul reunion

Before flying to Vietnam I had the great pleasure to stop over in Seoul for a few days to catch up with Liesbeth, one of my oldest friends from Belgium. Liesbeth and her boyfriend Piet have been living in Korea for more than two years now, so they can relate to my -sometimes overwhelming- Japan-experience. Meeting up with familiar faces was wonderful, and as usual their appartment was stocked with heaps of Belgian goodies (fresh salami & cheese this time!). Liesbeth and I are both unstoppable chatter boxes so it came as no surprise that we talked constantly for over 2 days (she even lost her voice near the end!). She had the -dubious?- honour of being the first person to introduce me to a nude bathouse; so far I had been too shy too bare all... Next summer they're moving to Japan, let's hope that Vaughan & I can repay their hospitality and show them around Kyushu :-).
Being photographed on City Hall square by a nice man who turned out to be a bit of a perv (don't ask how we found out...).
Clearing up the snow in the city centre. I was freezing during my entire visit, so the balmy winter weather in Hanoi was definitely welcome.
'The Old Tea Shop' in the historical neighbourhood Insadong, where birds fly around your head while drinking!

Delicious dinner in a Korean bbq restaurant ( the waiter & I communicated in Japanese, quite bizarre!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Inge!
Leuk om de fotos te zien van ons samenzijn. Ik ga nu aan je Vietnamverhaal beginnen lezen. Weest blij dat je in de warmte zit8

Bethjex

Anonymous said...

Okay, you've piqued my interest, how did you find out the photographer was a perv?

Inge said...

Well, it became pretty clear when he grabbed Liesbeth's bossom with both hands...