Tomorrow morning I'm off to explore some new & undiscovered areas of Japan, namely Kobe, Osaka, the temple mountain of Koyasan and the famous medieval castle at Himeji. The incentive for this trip up to Honshu is Vaughan's recontracting-conference in Kobe, where he and thousands of other JETs are currently being 'entertained' with seminars and a lot of post-seminar socialising :-). A break from Fukuoka will certainly do me good as the past week has been anything but pleasant. (Warning: those of you who don't want to read complaining, stop right now!).In the midst of writing my mammoth essay last Wednesday (the first one I've had to complete since graduating in 2003, by the way!), my body decided to throw in the towel and have a bout of the flu. Not just any flu apparently, but a malicious Japanese virus out to get unsuspecting gaijin (me, paranoid??)! Result: four days of fever, sleepless nights full of coughing attacks and a half-assed attempt at a decent assignment. Oh well, c'est la vie, right? I'll leave you with this tranquil photo of Shikanoshima beach, which Vaughan took when he camped there with some friends on Saturday. Catch you all next Wednesday when we return!


2 comments:
Hope you feel better! Have fun in Kansai (^-^)v
Yeah those wee Japanese bugs can certainly do you. I had one & was hospitalised so you maybe didn't do too bad.
Post a Comment