Monday, March 26, 2007

Mixing business with pleasure

As I've mentioned work is taking up a lot of my time these days - and that also involves mingling with people for the magazine on weekends. I've found a cunning way to keep my social life going though: convince friends to feature in our articles or meet up with them while I'm out for Fukuoka Now :-).
So that's why my friend Yolaine found herself introducing a free foot spa for the magazine's 'Yatta!' page, which informs locals and foreigners of cheap deals around the city. My colleague Yuko and I tried this foot onsen out as well - it's all in a hard day's work...
This picture was taken on Saturday March 17 in the Irish bar Half Penny, where Roman, Kelsey, Yasuko & me celebrated St. Patrick's Day. I was partly there to take photos for Fukuoka Now, but it was good fun nonetheless! Vaughan had to cancel due to Influenza B (apparently quite a rare type) and shortly after, half of our office staff was struck down with the flu virus as well... Hope you guys are all healthy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see you're so busy! Tell me Fukuoka Now gives you some perks or pays for these research excursions. Miss ya!