I received the comment today that my recent blog posts have been rather 'moody'. Well, no argument there I guess... So to dispel rumours that all is complete doom & gloom in my life, here's a photo with nothing but smiley faces! The cute baby is my sister-in-law's 9-month-old daughter Maddie (Madeleine), who's usually as happy as Larry :-). Other things to smile about: the onset of summer, a possible job with the Ministry of Social Development (I had an interview this Thursday), Di in Antwerp generously offering to use her connections in NZ (bedankt), a lovely postcard from Hawaii (thanks, Kelsey!), and last but certainly not least: my dear Belgian friend Griet giving birth to her second child on November 8 - a boy called Obe. CONGRATULATIONS!!! 
Obe De Smyter at two days old. When his sister Rhune was born in September last year I managed to fly home but this time I'll have to wait until next summer at the earliest before I can meet this little man in person. Mum Griet & dad Brecht have already sent through a short video though - thanks guys :-)!


7 comments:
Best of luck with the job, Inge.
And hey, I understand the moods completely. You're at a crossroads and it's natural to be reflecting on the past and future.
Tell Cath her daughter is sooo beautiful!!
Thanks, Veronica, it's nice to get some understanding from someone who's going through a similar change herself. I hope your transatlantic move goes smoothly this summer without too many setbacks!
The odd thing about NZ, and the world too probably is that, sometimes you know someone who knows someone who knows something ...
Good luck with the job interview :)
Winter is setting in here in Antwerpen, cold rainy day today - it reminded me so much of hometown Dunedin (or perhaps even Invercargill!!!). We're planning for Sinter Klaus gifts and who will cook what for New Years day while I get quietly homesick for a good summer Christmas back home in NZ.
What a gorgeous niece you have there Inge!
Bestest of luck for the interview. Let us know the outcome asap!! I have my fingers, toes, eyes, arms and legs all crossed for ya :-)
Congrats to Griet on the new addition to her family too!
KB
Summer? Lucky you! We just got out first snow!
What a beautiful little girl! Kawaii!(^-^) Good luck with the interview!
Hello Inge! It's Matt, we used to work together at Fukuoka Now.
How are you doing? I randomly wondered how you were this morning and after a few fruitless google searches ("Inge de Looloo blog... Inge de lewd blog... Inge de goddamit how do you spell her name blog") I found it.
Rie and I will probably go back to England in 2009 and no doubt go through many of the same emotions you are. It's almost like we've spoiled ourselves by living in different countries... can't go home cos we'll get bored, but don't want to be away from our friends and family forever... where to raise kids?! and all that gubbins...
Oh well, good luck with it all!
Matt
http://donegans.wordpress.com
http://mmabjj.wordpress.com
And if you need something to cheer you up... This will definitely do the trick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKxiCGwimoc&feature=related
Post a Comment