Popping over to Belgium twice in one year might seem decadent to some (myself included!), but this time I had a legitimate reason -or should we say excuse?- for appearing so soon again. One of my oldest & dearest friends was having her first baby, incidentally also the first time one of my close friends decided to procreate. So missing this historical occasion would have been a real shame, or at least that's how I justified the spending spree on an overpriced plane ticket ;-). For a few weeks now speculations have run high about both the gender of Griet & Brecht's baby and also the date it was due. Even after many attempts of persuasion Griet kept her lips sealed, so the surprise was all the bigger when their daughter Rhune was born on the 1st of September! The poor kid will have to celebrate her birthday on the very first day of every new schoolyear, but mum & dad don't seem too worried about future tantrums :-). For now Rhune is a calm and delightful baby; congrats again to the new parents!
Last Monday I visited them in the maternity ward, where Griet looked bright & chipper despite several sleepless nights. And no, I'm still not getting that clucky feeling...



4 comments:
Hey Inge!
Great news about your friend giving birth! It looks like you're having a really great time on holiday in Belgium! I hope you're not missing Japan too much! I am...(I think!)
Take care!!
James
Inge! A shame I am not there! Ik kan niet wachten tot ik in December de kleine Rhune es kan vasthouden. En wat een haardos!
Big heartfelt congratulations to your friend on her precious bundle!
Your blog entries on Belguim have been so wonderful - sounds like you are having a grand ol time. If only Vaughan could be with you huh?
- Kelly in NZ
Hey Kelly, how right you are about me wishing Vaughan were here, I'm really starting to miss him now... It's been a wonderful trip though so I certainly can't complain!
Post a Comment