Wellington's finest
Last week, New Zealand's '4th Most Popular Folk Parody Duo', Flight of the Conchords, put the country on the entertainment map once again by winning the Grammy for best comedy album for their EP 'The Distant Future.' Hoorah, yippee, hopladeedoh!! Where are the days back in 2002 when we used to see them perform at Wellington club 'Indigo' on $2 Thursday Comedy Nights? From the first moment I saw them, these two guys (Brett McKenzie & Jemaine Clement) managed to crack me up so hard I needed a week to recover :-). Since then they've taken festivals all over the world by storm, have recorded a BBC audio series and filmed the first series of a successful sitcom for HBO - not too shabby! So when I spotted Jemaine sitting on the same Taranaki-bound bus as me on the morning of January 1st I found it hard to stay cool. In the less-than-glamourous setting of the Palmerston North bus cafetaria I ended up complimenting him on the series, and to my surprise he seemed more uncomfortable than I was! I guess fame hasn't made them bigheaded yet... Check out a hilarious extract from the series here.
1 comment:
Hey Inge
Aha kiwi humor, leuk duo!! De leute daar nog!!!
Greetz Pieter Lesage
Post a Comment