Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Flat warming

About four weeks ago we shifted from a one-bedroom flat on level 2 of our building to a two-bedroom place on level 1, quite the move ;-). Not only do we now enjoy a fantastic view of the NZ Parliament and the Wellington waterfront (kind of...), we also have a spare bedroom for guests, much more living space and the long-awaited oven and freezer - hoorah! If that's not a cause for celebration then I don't know what is! So last Saturday we gathered a group of our friends and acquaintances for a flat warming - incidentally our first party since returning to NZ last year. To our relief and pleasant surprise everyone got on like a house on fire and mixing & mingling didn't stop until 3am. Definitely a success and worthy of a repeat performance!
Alison, Struan, me & Pam (+ Chris in the background)
Kate and our Belgian friends Annegreet & Frederick (yes, I made her strike the Japanese photo pose!)
Vaughan, Frederick & Alistair My new wonderful colleagues Sahra, Hannah, Shenwei & Bridget New-look Inge with shorter hair and pierced ears (finally!)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hurrah for more space! We're looking at 3 bedroom houses for the same reason :P

BTW, if you didn't have an oven before, how did you cook?

And I think I am finally over the heartbreak of not being invited to your partaaay :P

Di Mackey said...

Congratulations on all !!