Around 5pm yesterday a message was left on my phone that resulted in a VERY heavy sigh of relief: my skin specialist from Hutt Hospital announcing that "the test results are clear" and that my next appointment wouldn't be until early June. And with that I can finally rest easy and know that the malignant melanoma discovered in my shoulder in December did not turn into some form of skin cancer... Hoorah, yoopladeeho!! While I had tried to remain calm ever since the initial verdict, unconsciously I had stopped making grand plans for the future and was mentally preparing myself for the Worst Case Scenario. Thank the heavens that all is well now, although I will forever have to be careful in the sun. Fake tan, bring it on :-)! This whole affair has certainly been a wake-up call (maybe a much-needed one) because I'm now determined to work less and relax more. Last night was a good start to this with a Welcome Party for all the new international students. Instead of running around like a maniac I took the time to chat to all my NZAID'ers and had a great time. Now I just need to get those damn stitches out of my shoulder & leg and I'll be ready to roll!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What a scary time for you Ms Inge! I am glad the outcome was so very good, what a relief!!!!
Take care m'dear and rest and relax this weekend
*hugs*
Inge!!! Goed nieuws! groetjes aan V en relax relax! Tot gauw!
Post a Comment