The past week has been somewhat bizarre. First I spent several days full of worry and anxiety about some minor surgery I had to undergo. This was followed on Wednesday by relief that the ordeal was over, but the next morning I got incredibly frustrated about the physical discomfort and my dependence on V. (showering, getting dressed & carrying stuff is a bit of a challenge at the moment!). On Friday morning I managed to pinch a nerve in my right shoulder, which resulted in me doing work from home with the laptop propped on a pillow. Luckily the day was redeemed by a truly lovely dinner at my colleague Asmaa's house and by the fact that my leave for the Japan/Europe trip got approved! After 20 months away from home I'll finally be able to catch up with everyone in April - bliss :-). Thanks to some obliging wet weather V & I didn't have to feel guilty about watching 6 episodes of 'The Sopranos' this weekend, although I did venture out yesterday to visit Iraqi friends and have a girly night with Kate & co. Not having a manic social calendar can be liberating, especially with a week at work that's looking hectic as ever. You gotta love the NZAID students but how I wish sometimes that my job weren't such a rollercoaster! Kinda like life I guess...
Part of the NZAID crew at a fish 'n chips gathering we organised a few weeks ago. A colourful and (mostly) fantastic group of people!


No comments:
Post a Comment