Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Too much of a good thing?

You've probably given up on this blog by now considering the absence of any new posts in recent times. Lack of writing certainly doesn't mean a lack of inspiration - I just can't seem to find enough time to put fingers to keyboard these days. And in the rare instances that there are some free moments I then realise I don't have the clarity of mind to construct proper sentences. Must be brain fatigue or something. My friends and family will certainly have noticed this because I've barely sent any e-mails this year. Mea culpa... Yup, it appears that I may have overcommitted myself a bit lately. Saying 'no' has never been my strong suit - I simply get way too excited about way too many things way too often! 2010 might take the cake though in terms of juggling lots of different activities:
  • Work: crazy as ever with the recent arrival of 40 new NZAID scholars and their overwhelming need for information & assistance
  • Study: I'm finally picking up my Master of Development degree again
  • Yoga: have recently signed up for a beginner's course to get all lean & supple (yeah right!)
  • Mondo Beyondo course: a wee self-indulgent project I'm quite excited about :-)
  • Volunteerwork: I'm still involved in Refugee Services work whenever I can
  • Oxfam Trailwalker: the craziest endeavour of all! As of this week I'm part of a team that will walk 100km in 36 hours to raise awareness and funds for Oxfam. Considering the fact that I'm usually allergic to exercise this will be a VERY steep learning/training curve. Will keep you posted...

Is this a case of too much of a good thing (or as we would say back home: "trop is teveel and teveel is trop")? Let's see if I'll be able to fit all of this in without neglecting V. too much, sacrificing my social life or having a nervous breakdown ;-). Follow the journey here in the months to come!

2 comments:

Di said...

Hey, congratulations on taking the Mondo Beyondo course, looking forward to seeing how that affects you ... hopefully leaving you time for more writing and creative stuff ;-)

Unknown said...

Hi Inge,
I just wanted to say a quick hello to you and V. I got up this morning reminiscing about Japan and all the people whom I haven't heard from since we left 2 years ago.
Your blog I must say is very inspirational. You have such an amazing spirit!
Wishing you both well in your future endeavours.