Our final evening in Rome was special in many ways: not only did it signal the end of the trip with just us two (family & friends in Belgium, London and Hong Kong are up next), but it was exactly ten years to the day since V. and I became a couple. Plenty of reasons to indulge in a cheesy tourist ritual, so we headed to the Trevi Fountain for a Romantic Moment :-). In July 2000 - a few months after I'd met V.- I celebrated my 21st birthday in Rome with my best friend, and during that visit I threw a coin in the fountain wishing that one day I would bring V. here. I guess my wishful thinking paid off! Despite the crowds and the chilly temperatures it felt pretty magical so I threw in a coin again, this time wishing for another Rome trip in 2020. Considering how much we both love the Eternal City I have a feeling we'll be back well before then...Saturday, October 30, 2010
There and back again
Our final evening in Rome was special in many ways: not only did it signal the end of the trip with just us two (family & friends in Belgium, London and Hong Kong are up next), but it was exactly ten years to the day since V. and I became a couple. Plenty of reasons to indulge in a cheesy tourist ritual, so we headed to the Trevi Fountain for a Romantic Moment :-). In July 2000 - a few months after I'd met V.- I celebrated my 21st birthday in Rome with my best friend, and during that visit I threw a coin in the fountain wishing that one day I would bring V. here. I guess my wishful thinking paid off! Despite the crowds and the chilly temperatures it felt pretty magical so I threw in a coin again, this time wishing for another Rome trip in 2020. Considering how much we both love the Eternal City I have a feeling we'll be back well before then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sweet post.
xT
Post a Comment