Well, the jetlag has subsided, the Belgian chocolates are slowly being munched away and Torsten & Nele left Fukuoka on Saturday. Sounds like it's time to pick up the daily routine again, embrace life in Japan and finally get some work done... The past month has been wonderful though; there's nothing like catching up with family & friends to revive the spirit :-). A bit of traveling always does the trick too, God knows I'm a fan of that method! Exploring unseen parts of Japan like Mount Aso and Nagasaki made us realise there's so much more to discover here, so during Golden Week (1st week of May) we're probably off to Hiroshima and surroundings! But first things first, and that's in this case my university studies. Yep, I am now attempting to be a Dedicated, Serious, Extra-Mural, Postgraduate Student, which means setting up a rigid study schedule and developing the discipline to actually stick with it! Luckily the subject of my first course is immensely interesting (Sustainable Development), which always helps I find :-). After reading only a few articles in my syllabus I'm already looking at the world with slightly different eyes and keep bothering Vaughan with topics as 'harmony between nature & man'. Or are these just the effects of watching 'Syriana' last night? 'Syriana' is a political thriller that unfolds against the intrigue of the global oil industry and shows the human consequences of our relentless pursuit for energy & power. It certainly pulls no punches and is an effective wake-up call for any viewer! Head to the cinema, see for yourself and weep/revolt/despair...

On Sunday Hannah & I managed to meet up for the first time in 5 weeks. We decided to wander around Nishi Park & saw a perfect example of Cherryblossom Mania (poor babygirl forced to pose as "Infant Dangling off Tree")! More on sakura hysteria later...


1 comment:
Good to hear you've become so serious & not the dilettante of the past. If you enjoyed Syriana & the development studies paper I think you'd enjoy the International Relations paper I did last year. Mind you it's probably not in your study needs for your Masters.
Good you're bothering Mr Curd. Using his grey matter will help keep his dementia at bay.
By the way, not surprised re the 'hanging child in blossom tree'. It's a pretty time of year but heaps of enkai so lots of inebriation.
Post a Comment