Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Good times

This will once again be a very short entry as this week I'm trying to divide my time between way too many activities: sleeping (my jetlag is finally subsiding, hoorah!), attempting to write an essay that is due tomorrow, catching up with friends here in Japan, and first and foremost, showing our Belgian friend Torsten the wonders of Kyushu. He's staying with us for a week and as such it was a good excuse for Vaughan & I to get our butts out there and do some sightseeing! We just got back from a two-day trip to Mount Aso, a gigantic volcanic area 2 hours south of Fukuoka. Yukino - also know as Ogata sensei ;-)- joined us too, which was cool because then I could take it a bit easier up the mountain (Vaughan & Torsten ofcourse ran up the steep slopes like goats!). We're off to Nagasaki today with Torsten's sister Nele, so more travelstories and photos will follow later.
Nagadake Crater, a pretty impressive sight
Four hikers in a row (ok, I admit: Yukino & I did take the cable car up...)

4 comments:

Liesbeth said...

konichiwa!Groeten aan Torsten.. Hij zal wschl te weinig tijd hebben om es langs Seoul te passeren of blijft hij iets langer om mee naar DMZ te gaan?... dezer dagen word ik ook ondergedompeld in Japan... wat politiek betreft althans door prof. Inoguchi.
De leute en tot binnenkort!

Anonymous said...

Hey hey hey!! I am NOT a SENSEI YO!
Now I'm watching TV program about school rules and the students want the rules to enjoy feeling thrilled when they broke them.
Hope you enjoyed the rules at the hostel...ha!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your life is returning to a crazy hectic schedule.
Good luck with the assignments. I'm currently trying to work my way through the literature on empowerment & capacity building for my literature review. I want to get these firmly out of the way before I go to Laos for my field work.
If you want some help etc with sustainable development give me a yell. How's the other paper coming?

Anonymous said...

Inge! Ik ben terug je telefoonnummer en adres kwijt! (wat een chaos hier in Korea..)

Wanneer komen jullie aan?