Moving House. Saying goodbye. Two things that have become a part of my life in the past 8 years. So you'd think I'd be used to it by now, right? Wrong! No matter how many times I change residences, each time it comes with a certain sense of sorrow. Letting go is not easy, and the realisation last week that I won't see my friends and family for over a year felt like a kick in the stomach. I'll miss you guys. Luckily arriving in a familiar country like New Zealand will be some kind of 'home-coming' as well (or at least I hope!). I'll find out on Septemer 12, and in the mean time there's the energy and excitement of China to keep me busy :-). A report from bustling and steaming hot Shanghai is on its way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hey guys. Looks like you've had a good time while we've been working 'at coal face'.
Look forward to seeing you guys back here but I hope you get back before October as it looks like I'll be heading to China (Wuhan) for work until the end of Jan 2008.
PS I agree with Vaughan - castles are dead cool.
Post a Comment