Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Questions

Should I ...
  • ask my news boss for 4 weeks leave in August to visit Europe or just keep my head down?
  • switch my Master from Communication Management to Development Studies and face an uncertain, but way more interesting future?
  • save for a deposit for a house or splash out on the 10-month trip around the world I've been dreaming of?
  • seriously start considering having children or wait until the 'instinct' grabs me?

In other words: should I make sensible, practical choices or follow the path that appeals the most??

Definitive answers and/or wise advice can be left in the comments box ;-)!

6 comments:

Alice said...

I bet you should listen to what Mark Twain said...lol...seriously, my humble opinion would be: go visit Belgium, switch your Master, hit the road on that trip around the globe and, DEFINITELY, wait for the instinct to grab you...or you might regret not doing any of those in twenty years... :)

Inge said...

Hi Alice, I'm not sure who you are but I like your advice - it's music to my ears and confirms what I've been thinking all along :-)! If you have a blog yourself, feel free to let me know the web address, I'm curious now...

Anonymous said...

Hi Inge!
I think you absolutely deserve long holidays, and your boss should know.

I don't know a lot about your studies or the property in NZ so I can't actually answer you, but I do think you have to be happy and do things you believe in.

And children, I bet the instinct would grab you as soon as you have one ;)

Inge said...

Hey Alejandro, good to hear from you! I read on your blog that you recently finished your job & will become self-employed - ganbatte! Thanks for your message, I definitely agree with you to do things that make you happy, but I'm not always realistic (especially about financial stuff!). No babies in sight for you & Ai ;-)?

Kelly said...

I agree with Alice - your answer is at the very top of your blog m'dear. Follow your heart & dreams and good things will come. I have learnt this lesson well this year!

But what exciting choices you have to make!!! Good luck xoxox

Unknown said...

Will you visit me on your trip around the world? Or meet me in NY?