Saturday, July 19, 2008

Nation or states?

Another political crisis is looming in Belgium, with the country seemingly on the brink of collapse. It's hard to really gauge the situation when I'm this far away - I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens... For an analysis of the situation,check out this BBC article.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both nations and states look so 2nd Millenium to me...

kelsoma said...

Otanjoubi Omedetou Inge! Miss you two a lot. Come and visit me (and check it off your to-do list??)!!

Inge said...

Oh, how I wish we ould afford a trip to Hawaii, it would be such a great way for us to snap out of our winterblues! It's not on the cards though, so at the moment we'll just have to dream of faraway islands & golden beaches... Enjoy summer!

Di Mackey said...

It's an interesting situation indeed ...

Did I ever mention that my Belgian bloke is a district chairman for VLD and works part-time in a city alderman's kabinet? It's great for keeping up with the political stuff but fuels many 'interesting' discussions, as politically we don't see eye-to-eye, and by nature, I'm a wee bit of a stirrer.

Kelly said...

Interesting article from a British website I frequent:

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/45018,opinion,what-is-belgium-actually-for