Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Winterblues

I seem to have become really non-productive lately, with no drive or motivation to get anything done. Time appears to be stretching endlessly before me, and I find myself staring out the window at work dreaming of faraway adventures & exotic lands. Oh god, how cliché! It's probably no coincidence that this yearning for escapism is occurring during the first real cold snap of the year. Wellington is living up to its windy reputation and the icy Southerly gales, coming all the way from Antarctica, have taken over the city. Usually I’d just cuddle up on the couch in our cosy apartment and enjoy a hot chilli chocolate, but that remedy isn’t working at the moment. The root cause for my low mood can be found in my recent change of jobs, with my new position VERY different to what I had expected… If I had to self-diagnose I’d say I’m suffering from cubicle-itis ;-). Oh well, things can only look up from here on, right?

3 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Right! :) Things will improve, I'm sure of it.

And let's not forget summer in the flatlands of Belgie. It's been rough this week, what with school holidays starting and all. Thunderstorms and serious downpours. Shades of Dunedin in summer ;)

Inge said...

Thanks for cheering me up, Di ;-)!

Kelly said...

"Cubicle-itis?"

Sounds nasty!!

Cheer up old chap, winter will soon be over and then you can explore the delights that Welly has to over on glorious summer days.

Besides, it could be worse. You could live in Hamilton where the fog doesn't lift til 3pm and then comes down again before dark :S