I've never been good at staying in one place for a long period of time, which is pretty evident if you look at how many times I've moved in the past decade! My itchy feet don't just have an effect on my travel movements, but also on my CV, which is an amalgamation of random short-term jobs in all kinds of non-related fields. At the start of this year I was convinced I'd found my future career path but fate (?) intervened and I ended up leaving Immigration New Zealand MUCH earlier than expected... And that despite a recent newspaper headline titled "State workers overpaid", claiming that "public servants earn more than private sector workers and have a "warm glow" from a belief that their work is useful to society". Damn, maybe I should have stayed put to bask in this warm glow for a little longer ;-). No regrets about moving on though because my new position of NZAID Contract Manager seems perfect for me: lots of contact with people from all over the world, daily variety and quite a bit of autonomy. Monday is my first day on my own, which makes me feel anxious and excited at the same time. Who knows, if all goes well I might actually stay for a while and lose my nick name of 'job hopper' :-).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh my, you are a transient little bunny!
Hope the new job is all you wish for - it sounds great! Keep us posted won't you!
(hope this charity pays better than the one we worked together at :P)
Hey, good luck! It sounds lovely and I'm more than sure you'll be fine alone.
The 'staid' word play made me smile and sigh over the fluency of Belgians at EVERY SINGLE LANGUAGE THEY LEARN :)
This chairity does indeed have a more attractive pay package than NZRC, which I'm very thankful for, Kelly :-).
Di, I wish I could say that I'm all about word play and witty banter, but the humble truth is that 'staid' was a spelling mistake (which has since been corrected)! Not that fantastic at languages after all, damn ;-).
Nooooooooo, I was so impressed. You didn't need to confess.
I had to smile though, I live with my steenezel (spelling?) and he is so proud of his English. I just assumed you were like him - sigh, he even corrected my English correctly one day.
Post a Comment