Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wise words

The virtue of patience according to German poet Rainer Maria Rilke (1875-1926):
Have patience with everything that remains unsolved. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day.

2 comments:

kelsoma said...

Inge,
This quote is so apparent for me in my life now. I need to be a more patient person with a situation I am experiencing. Thanks!

Inge said...

Whatever the issue is, Kelsey, I'll hope you'll be able to resolve it eventually (I won't say 'soon' because that would be too impatient of me!). Take care :-).