Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A simple life?

During our stay in Tonga I really enjoyed the slower pace of life and the fact that our days had no real structure to them. Sipping coconut juice on the beach, I vowed to make a few changes once we returned to Wellington, but so far my schedule has been as hectic as ever! I actually love being busy and having lots to do, but I also feel an increasing need to scale back, pare down, strip bare. Not that I'll be fleeing to the countryside anytime soon, but maybe Vaughan and I could get away from the city a bit more often, or even move to a house with a garden :-). I have this idyllic notion of us living in a seaside abode with a kayak in the garage and a sunny patio at the back - yeah right! Anyway, we should first figure out if we want to stick with our wandering ways or if settling down in NZ is becoming an option instead. To be continued...

No comments: