Thursday, November 12, 2009

Back?

I'm not sure whether or not I'm returning to this blogging business but I came across two quotes this week that resonated deeply and I feel like sharing them. I've been thinking a lot lately about our future, in Wellington or elsewhere, and these quotes seem to say that letting things be and just living in the moment might be a better strategy than fantasing about what's next. Or am I just reading that into it? You be the judge:

Why we love/hate Windy Wellington: "Like a beautiful, moody lover, Wellington doesn't need to treat you kindly. Your friends sometimes wonder what you see in it, but when the city is good to you, with its days of almost painful gorgeousness and clarity, you can forgive its bluster, its temper tantrums and cold shoulder.... You may be clutching a lamppost, but at least you know you're alive." (Kate Camp)

"What a fantasy the future can be, that we imagine it either better or worse than where we are now. And it's irrelevant whether we are right or wrong. It will just be what it is."(the ever-wise Andrea at Superhero Journal)

1 comment:

annemie said...

Niet te veel nadenken, enkel genieten van elke dag en van de liefde en vriendschap die je krijgt van de mensen die je graag hebben!