L. couldn't have been a more perfect host because rather than drag us from one tourist hot spot to the next, she let us move slowly and take in only a few of Hong Kong's many sights. After almost seven months of travel this was exactly what the doctor ordered so bedankt :-). In between long chats, delicious home-cooked meals and a visit to a nearby beach we did manage to get off Lantau Island, and those trips were absolutely worth it! First up was a ferry ride to picturesque Cheung Chau Island, famous for its seafood.
After working up an appetite by exploring the stunning coastline we sat down in one of the many outdoor restaurants and feasted on lobster, scallops, shrimp and Chinese vegetables. Most of the seafood is imported from overseas as HK waters are chronically overfished, but that's just a minor detail ;-). The next day I finally got to see the famous Hong Kong skyline up close and was suitably impressed.
I really loved the rest of the city as well: the bird, flower and fish markets in bustling Kowloon; eating dim sum until we burst; checking out the high tea at the legendary colonial Peninsula Hotel; window-shopping in many ritzy shopping malls and watching the impressive light show at night.
I guess it's another location I need to add to my ever-growing list of Places To Return To!


2 comments:
This reads delicious :-)
Dankuwel voor alle lofwoorden!
Post a Comment