I've been riding the rollercoaster that is Japan for 6 months now and at times the intensity of it all can be a bit exhausting. So what better way to recharge the batteries than to return to the homefront and rest in the bossom of all things familiar? It goes without saying I will miss all the good aspects of Fukuoka, most of all my lovely man, but also Hakata ramen, chilled umeshu, Momochi beach and the company of our fine friends. See you all back in March, just in time for sakura viewing :-).
Last Friday we invited some friends over for drinks and good times were had by all (here Dean & Kanapu).
Jenni, Phil & George having a laugh

Colgate Girls Elena & Hannah

Erik: "Who made me wear this oversized hat?!"


2 comments:
Have a good holiday. It's a little strange shuttling between the two cultures but, as you say a good break. There is such a thing as Nihon overload I found.
PS Make sure that Vaughan doesn't go wild whilst you're away & revert to his pagan 'Naki ways.
I miss you already! Have a great time at home and see you in a few weeks :)
Post a Comment