Here are some images of de Gentse Feesten/the Ghent Festivities, an annual 10-day city festival in my favorite city Gent that treats 1,5 million visitors from Belgium and abroad to an exciting (and FREE!) mix of street theatre, comedy, dance, live music, fireworks, and heaps of other performances. It has become the largest popular culture festival in Europe and is really a must if you're in the area. I stayed with my friend Sylvie for a week and soaked up the vibrant atmosphere in the historical city centre. Meeting up with long-lost friends is part of de Gentse Feesten routine as well & on Thursday night I certainly did that during (and after) the concert of Batalclãn (see last photo), a percussion band consisting of a bunch of friends from my hometown Ieper. They kicked ass on the big stage and made us all proud ;-). Check out their music on their My Space site!


1 comment:
wish I was there!! Alhoewel, volgende week trekken Piet en ik per boot-auto-fiets naar Hokkaido. Dan toch in het land blijven dachten we en we zien het allebei reuze zitten!!Bethjex
Post a Comment