"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So explore, dream, discover." (Mark Twain)
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Back in Belgium
More than 2,5 years he had to wait for it but this weekend Vaughan could finally indulge in one of his favorite Belgian snacks: crunchy fries from 'het frietkot'. Bring on those clogged arteries!
Hey Kelly, in my humble opinion Belgian fries are the best in the world! Although I think Vaughan still prefers Kiwi-style fish 'n chips - only 6 weeks before he can get a fishburger in New Zealand... PS: I hope you're feeling better :-)
Good to know Curd that you're pinning for the 'Hawaian' fishburger. I agree with Vaughan NZ potatoes are tastier. The EU & supermarkets have a lot to answer for.
Hey Brett, how's it going? I've been meaning to e-mail you for ages but life in Japan was hectic and Belgium is pretty busy too... Anyway, we're heading back to New Zealand in four weeks from now and will definitely come to Palmy to catch up :-). See you soon!
Die frieten zien er ultra lekker uit! Het zal nog wel een tijdje duren eer ik de 'echte' weer zal kunnen proeven. Waar zijn jullie nu feitelijk gehuisd? Waar is dat app van Nick ergens? Laat me anders es het adres weten!
For the past decade I have wandered the globe a bit, leaving my homecountry Belgium in 1999 to first study in Australia and the US and to later end up in beautiful New Zealand because of a chance meeting with a lovely Kiwi guy, now my husband. In July 2005 we packed our bags once more to experience the JET-life in Fukuoka, Japan. Those two years flew by and after several months in Europe & China we returned to good old Aotearoa. After nearly three years of living a semi-settled life in the capital Wellington, I'm now off on a six-month journey through East Africa and the Middle East. No idea what to expect but stay tuned for news from the road...
5 comments:
Sounds yum!!
Hey Kelly, in my humble opinion Belgian fries are the best in the world! Although I think Vaughan still prefers Kiwi-style fish 'n chips - only 6 weeks before he can get a fishburger in New Zealand... PS: I hope you're feeling better :-)
Good to know Curd that you're pinning for the 'Hawaian' fishburger.
I agree with Vaughan NZ potatoes are tastier. The EU & supermarkets have a lot to answer for.
Hey Brett, how's it going? I've been meaning to e-mail you for ages but life in Japan was hectic and Belgium is pretty busy too... Anyway, we're heading back to New Zealand in four weeks from now and will definitely come to Palmy to catch up :-). See you soon!
Die frieten zien er ultra lekker uit! Het zal nog wel een tijdje duren eer ik de 'echte' weer zal kunnen proeven. Waar zijn jullie nu feitelijk gehuisd? Waar is dat app van Nick ergens? Laat me anders es het adres weten!
Post a Comment