Well, it is now officially a year since Vaughan & I arrived in the Land of the Rising Sun and at times it's certainly been a bumpy ride! Numerous ups and a few dark downs -for me personally- later, I'm finally at the point where I feel at ease here and can just enjoy whatever Japan gives/throws at us :-). Rounding up the first year unfortunately also implies the end of JET for many of our friends here... Excellent people like Hannah, Erik, Phil, Lisa, Shogo, Elena, Mia, Sparky etc. have left in the past few weeks to explore new corners of the world, get more qualifications, become famous Canadian tv broadcasters (you go Phil!) or international playboys (no names mentioned...) and spread the love about Japan. Sayonara & ganbatte to all of you! I'm skipping town as well by the way: off for five weeks to the land of chocolate, cheese and clogged arteries! Will keep you posted on any adventures had in wee little Belgium...

Hard to believe, but yes, this is indeed a Hello Kitty airplane! It transported me from Fukuoka to Taipei and came with all the trimmings, such as an unbearably chirpy Hello Kitty welcome song, pink Hello Kitty headrests and even Hello Kitty-decorated chopsticks and pepper & salt bags! Quite the cultural experience (if you're five!) ...


1 comment:
Have a safe trip home! I can't wait to see you soon in the land(s) of cheese and chocolate.
Post a Comment