After spending my first 10 days in Belgium catching up with family and writing two essays on intercultural communication (quite a mission as I was completely unprepared!), it was time today to pack my bag and head on over to Gent, my favorite Flemish city and the place where Vaughan & I lived together for almost two years. Highlight of the day was meeting up for dinner with my best & oldest girlfriends Ilse, Bieke & Griet. Our fifth partner in crime, Liesbeth, is currently living in Korea so she couldn't make it :-(. There was certainly enough subject matter to chat about, ranging from jobs and property prices (all three of them have just bought their own house) to the very relevant topic of babies. Nope, I haven't reached the clucky stage yet but Griet is due to give birth to her first child in a few weeks so anything from pregnancy inconviences to chosing a name was discussed! We've all been asked to put some money on the gender of the baby and let it stand for the record here that my bet is on a boy...
Bieke & me



1 comment:
Wished I was there.... Ik weet nog niet op wat ik zou gokken. Misschien eerder een meisje (om het spannend te houden)?
Van tweekend zal ik er eens over denken en alle zwangere Griet fotos nog es bekijken..
Post a Comment