Monday, December 29, 2008

Thought of the day

Well, this holiday camp in a small coastal town in south Taranaki has wireless internet, who would have thought? What they also have plenty of here is children - of all ages, shapes and volume levels ;-). I don't think I've been surrounded by so many kids since I was one myself! Vaughan's niece Maddie is one of the Curds staying in the cabin, and yesterday we had a visit from friends with a 4-year-old and a tiny baby. It makes me realise that our socal group in Wellington consists of either single people or childless couples like Vaughan and I. So being woken up early, singing the "a b c" song and thinking about dirty nappies has been quite an adjustment! I'm not sure if we're in that place yet, but I can certainly understand the quote below:
"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."-Elizabeth Stone

1 comment:

Di Mackey said...

Oh yes! No one told me ...

Enjoy your new year and all the very best in 2009.