Tuesday, May 12, 2009

In the moment

I'm not always good at living in the moment and often find myself either looking forward to future events or reminiscing about past ones. For instance, I love holding on to movie stubs, museum tickets, gig flyers and restaurant receipts because they're a reminder of past experiences. I keep them all in metal boxes and then go over my memories once in a while. Slightly weird...? Anyway, all of this is about to change! From now on I'm determined to live in the here & now, seize the day, smell the roses etc. The biggest difference will be that I'll no longer stock up on endless piles of travel books/magazines in preparation of our post-2010 Big Trip. Oh dear, what to focus on instead? Well, there's Vaughan, friends, (volunteer) work, possible study, and lots of other projects to get stuck into - all of them pretty exciting (one might even involve a mortgage...). We are planning a very short getaway over Queen's Birthday weekend but that doesn't count, right :-)?

2 comments:

Di Mackey said...

I keep everything ... and live in the now. But living in the now seems to create its own memory loss in me. I am wandering a lot and the keepsakes let me remember. I should confess, that whenever I have time, everything is glued into a black moleskin journal for poring over ... just in case, Inge.

Good luck with the mortgage idea and have fun on the get-away. It counts and reads truly delicious.

Inge said...

Thanks for the regular comments, Di (you're pretty much the only one these days)! I have no idea where you find the time; you're obviously a master at multitasking :-).