I've been low on energy all week because of a persistent head cold but it has actually given me the excuse to be an absolute blob & spend my nights in bed with a cup of hot coco and LOTS of reading material. Not only do I have a gigantic stack of Humo's waiting to be savoured, but there are also heaps of books to finish, newspaper articles to peruse and blogs to catch up on. Ok, I must admit it, blogs were highest on my list, but only because they're easily digestible, quick to read, and they offer my congested head some relief :-). A recent discovery is Gala Darling, written by a Wellington girl who now lives in NYC and dispenses advice on life, love and shoes. I can't say I'm all that fascinated with shoes but I do like her idea of celebrating the small, day-to-day things in life. Every Thursday she posts an entry called 'Things I Love Thursday', a random selection of events/items that have brought her joy in the past week. I'm a real list lover and like the idea of 'practising gratitude' so here's my version:
- raising money for Oxfam through a Fairtrade event @ work
- freshly made honey, lemon & ginger drinks
- seeing our friend D. transformed into a drummer/rockstar
- discovering the New Internationalist website
- cupcakes from Tempt!
- shwopping, cocktail sipping and dancing last Friday
- thermal tops (much needed these days)
- a girly Sunday afternoon at the cinema
- V's macaroni & cheese
- witnessing how healthy the Iraqi twins were on their 1st birthday
- lunchtime walks with workmates
- season 4 of 'The Sopranos' (go Carmella!)
- newborns (Daan, Lars & Celia!) and 30th birthdays
- knowing that my friend I. is doing fine in Afghanistan
- eating speculaaspasta with a spoon
- invites to Tanzania, PNG and Mauritius :-)
- planning a southern getaway...


1 comment:
Hi, Inge.
I've been following your blog for a few months now and each time it's been a pleasure.
Two weeks ago I sent you a message on Facebook about an edition of Weekend Knack. It featured a 36-page spread about the Japanese kitchen. In it were 4 dishes, the 8 best Japanese reastaurants in Belgium, a reportage about the bentobox (De Morgen Magazine too wrote 2 pages about it some 6 weeks ago), an interview with Japan connaisseur Luc Hoornaert, an interview with Yoshihiro Narisawa (newcomer in the World's 50 Best Restaurants 2009) and 6 restaurants in Tokyo.
I still have those issues with me (both Weekend Knack and De Morgen Magazine). If you're interested, send me an e-mail (ilse_dusart@hotmail.com).
Feel better and have a nice weekend!
Ilse Dusart
Post a Comment