Since getting back to Wellington almost a month ago I haven't thought about Belgium all that much, mostly because I instantly threw myself into all kinds of activities here. But just now I stumbled across this video, shot in Antwerp Central Station and used as a promotional tool for a Flemish talent show. It reminded me of a great night out during my stay, when my friend Sylvie and I drove to Antwerp for the album release party of ‘Laïs Lenski’ (very impressive!) and afterwards she showed me this You Tube clip at her house in Gent. A very relaxed but memorable evening. Anyway, enough random musings - check out the video and I bet it'll make you smile :-). Or even better, have a read here of how commentators explained its popularity... One person waxed so lyrically it was hard to believe:
These dancers are presenting the purest form of art imaginable: art simply and truly for the sake of art... They managed to punch right through my cynicism and show me that good things are still out there and there are good people in the world...In a small way, I have a deeper understanding of what it is to be human because of the actions of 200 fellow humans in a train station in Belgium."


No comments:
Post a Comment